Sunday, November 30, 2014

Look at ME!



Look at ME!
Why don’t you really look at me?
Do you not see me?
See ME?
Do you not SEE?

I am here right, front, left and center…
Yet you do not SEE…
ME!
I am here, not only my bosom,
Not only to blossom,
Not locks and flocks,
Frocks and color blocks
But to as HE said, “BE!”
And I WILL!

I will be there for you,
Beside you, behind you.
I will never seek to lead,
For out of you, you came to seed
For this cause you left and clave,
That though two, would become one…

Look at ME!
Why really look at me?
Because when you really do you will see,
That I am of you, and you are of me…
Or so you said, the moment we met?
As you look, what do you now see?
The hurt, the pain,
The girth or the gain…

Look at ME!
Why don’t you really look at me?
And maybe you'll see the plea in my eyes
That we let go of the past and rise
For even after four stinking days,
Still His voice caused that which was dead to be raised…

So LOOK at ME!
Please look at me.
So we can once again say
“LET US”
No longer blinded, Clay made clear…

© AdePero Mettabel, November 30th 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment