Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brazen Or Blessed...

It's so easy to read in retrospect and understand, but I asked myself today: If I had lived in that day and saw a woman anoint, kiss and wipe Jesus' feet with her hair.

What would I have thought?
Would I have thought her brazen?
Or would I have considered her blessed?

Would I have joined her?
Or would I have joined the throng
That condemned her...

Would I have have discerned,
Or would I have disdained?

Would I have walked in the spirit?
Or would I have judged in the flesh...

I wonder... Do you wonder?

Easy to read, but easy to live???
We all need the grace of God
To help us see beyond the 'obvious'
Into the 'glorious'... By His Spirit.

For then, and only then, can we ‘know’ The Father’s heart, and discern His will.

◄ John 12:3 ►
Then Mary took a twelve-ounce jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard, and she anointed Jesus' feet with it, wiping his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance.

◄ Galatians 5:16 ►
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment