Saturday, April 29, 2017

Eve is talking


Eve is talking, but I’m not listening.
She is saying: Far too long we have waited,
It’s time to take our place.
We once had it, but now it’s lost.
Can anyone hear me?
Feminism, Sexism, Woman-ism, schisms.
Has God really said?
There again that voice it comes
To tempt, to woo, Adulterated allure…
That’s the point!
To make us see what we had not before?
To bring us to, where our steps never trod?
Too late we open our eyes only to find,
The contract thought signed, to from him emancipate,
Our own will enslaved, the dotted line revealed.
Yes, she is spouting, yes, she's talking,
But HER words I WILL NOT HEAR.

© AdePero Mettabel, 04.29.17.


John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

John 15:3
You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.

Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.


No comments:

Post a Comment