Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Quest of questionable questions By Mettabel Okulaja

One of the greatest foes I face every day in this world is the self-deprecating voice of human reasoning that seeks to rationalize my dreams away. The one that always comes with questions that seek to undermine my identity, my dreams, my hopes and my aspirations... that voice that insidiously insinuates itself into the portals of my contemplation, the one who comes whispering:


The Voice of Reason: “You don't seriously think that you can do this do you?

That voice to which when I then say “Oh yes I can!”

As the scene unfolds:

 The Voice of Reason: “Oh yeah? So HOW are you going to get it done?”

 My Heart: “I’ll find His way, and I’ll walk the path laid out for me.”

 The Voice of Reason: “Find the way to do exactly WHAT? … Seeing that you think you are so smart!”

 My Heart: “Then smart I must be, for God has birthed in me, that which makes my heart burn and that for which my heart beats… That’s WHAT I’ll do”.

 The Voice of Reason: “Your passion may burn, but WHEN will you find the time to do it? And HOW are you ever going to be able to swing it?”

My Heart: ”By God’s grace I will be strengthened, with His help I will prevail!”

The Voice of Reason: “Well I’m the voice of reason… and I ask: WHAT will you do if you crash and burn? And WHERE will you go if THEY scoff and scorn?”

My Heart: “Back to the One who has the master plan. Thankfully the draughtsman is never greater than his Chief Architect, back to the drawing board I’ll go!”

Then the final thrust aimed at decimation…

The Voice of Reason: ” Why do you even bother? Haven’t you failed enough times?”

My Heart: “I may have failed many times, but no rejoicing for you just yet, for I have learned through The Word and Life that if I fall, I’ll rise again strengthened from within. Just so, you know, make no mistake, and you mark my words, THIS time I win, for He works in me to WILL and to DO. By this, I am assured, and I am fully persuaded that all that has been, was part of his plan; that for THIS cause do all my cells exist!”

Away with you for this I surely know, that…

… He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.

Job 23:10

So… Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me.

Micah 7:8

For this I know…

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

The end, for now…



© AdePero Mettabel O 03/27/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment