Monday, December 8, 2014

How Can These Things Be?




All throughout this year (especially the latter part) I read numerous praise reports, from my friends and family. While I was happy for them and appreciated what God had done and was doing in their lives, I really could not, and for some months now had not been able to echo those praise reports… Why? You would ask me - Has the Lord not been good to you? And I would have to and would still answer with a resounding YES!!! I cannot but say that God has been good to me. But when one faces situations where disappointment has visited not only once or twice, but over and over again, it takes the GRACE of God to stand… Today however, as I sat in church, The Holy Spirit ministered to my heart and said to me - "Mary the mother of Jesus bore him outside of natural process", I know that we all know this (or I sure hope we do :-)). So it is nothing for God to make something out of NOTHING. But even though Mary was called favored probably because she was, She still asked the question “How shall these things be? Seeing that…” So the penny dropped again that the reason why I could not FEEL thankful despite the fact that I was (in my heart... Really :-)), was because I kept pondering on how the things I had been trusting God for, would ‘be’, seeing all the 'THINGS' in my situation spoke to the
opposite… So instead of giving thanks, I all I could do was to keep asking, “How can, how can, how can these things be?” And today again, the penny dropped… ‘The Holy Spirit shall come upon you, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow you: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of you shall be called…

This was what the angel said to Mary, and this was what The Lord brought to my heart today… That these ‘THINGS’ which had seemed to loom so heavily over me, will be replaced by ‘THAT HOLY THING’ and the process will happen because The Spirit of The Lord IS upon me and He has anointed me… So I give thanks… Not because I have to, I give thanks not because I need to; I give thanks because I WANT TO… Because I have full confidence that as I celebrate with you, you will celebrate with me.

PS My scripture for the upcoming year is this … FOR WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

… Jesus looked at them and said, "With man, this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Matthew 19:26

Happy New Year!

Mettabel.

PS This is a note of thanksgiving :-)...

Thank you Adepero Ajayi for inspiring me to write this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment