Friday, November 8, 2013

I determine to know nothing...


I once said to a friend of mine “there is nothing that you ever could do to offend me”. My friend answered me with this statement ‘wow! That’s a very dangerous statement. How can you be so sure of this?’ I said to him “it is because I have made the decision never to be offended by you”. I made the statement many years ago to this person, and I can truthfully say that he has never offended me. Now in all this time, have I been hurt or disappointed by my friend? Of course, I have, but I have never, ever been offended.

This may be difficult to believe, but Just before I made the statement I had come to the realization of a profound truth, and that is, that the decision to be offended or not offended is just that –it’s a decision. This truth is borne out by Scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:2 which states:

"For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified."

The apostle Paul said, “For I determined to know nothing among you but...” that’s right he determined to know nothing but… So from this Scripture, the Holy Spirit helped me to come to the understanding that if beforehand in a relationship, in any relationship, I determine to know nothing but, that is exactly what I will know.  The reason for this decision that Paul made in this context was this – that the faith of the Corinthians would not rest in man's ability but in God’s power.

Extrapolating this principle into my life brought me to the conclusion that when I decide to love, and not be offended I release the power of God rather than the wisdom of man into that, and any such relationship.

The pearl of principle in these Scriptures is this - determine not to know anything but what you want to know according to his will and in so doing you will release the power of God into that and any situation that you may be facing, or will ever face.

Be blessed y'all and have a wonderfully happy weekend.

Peace.

© AdePero Mettabel, 110913.

No comments:

Post a Comment