Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love? What Is It?



Love? What is It? We know it’s not merely a feeling, but WHAT is it? Is it just Goosebumps and excitement? That perfect mate, moonlight and kisses, primal explosive, passionate consumption? We all know what is not, but WHAT exactly is it? Some say it defies complete definition; others have the profundity to convey that which they touch, taste, smell, hear and feel. BUT is it merely sensual? Even if what is can only be expressed in gasps of incoherency… This is what I say: you may differ in opinion, or very well have more to add for love the definition of love paradoxically has no beginning and never dies. It resurrects when crucified, rebounds if stretched to its limits. The eternal Word says it all: “Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it.” If a (wo)man would give all the wealth of his house for love, it would utterly be as vile to him as dung.
Love – It is the greatest and yet the most terrible force of existential expression. Love can make one do anything and everything, and it can also make another do absolutely nothing at all. Yet, for all its’ complexity in internal workings and definitions, it can be incredibly simple in expression – A kiss, a hug, a look, a simple apology, a refraining from, amazing togetherness, or just simply a ‘being’… There is a reason why it is said to be the greatest of all… Unquenchable, Indomitable, Formidable, Cataclysmic, yet gentle, tender and enduring… Many waters cannot quench true love, and once It knows, It knows, and when It is known as It knows, Reversion, Retreat or Rescission is IMPOSSIBLE… These three things abide – Faith, hope, and love and the greatest? L-O-V-E.

PS If I say I love you, realize this: I do not know what the heck I’m talking about. But, as long as It lives in me It will tell me all I need to know, all I need to do, and all I need to be to you, through you, for you and forever with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment